So it's that time of year again - Christmas is done and the excess food has started to fester. Gifts have been exchanged and everyone is now thinking about going back to work. Happy happy joy joy.
To see you through this dark week I'll be posting my picks for 2012's best album, but before we get to the top ten I wanted to call out some of the albums that were very close to making this list but were pushed out.
I've also put together a Spotify playlist that includes tracks from every album on the long-list and the top ten (provided they are available on Spotify in the UK) and a good deal of other tracks that weren't necessarily from great albums but were notable all the same. You can check that out and subscribe to it here.
And without further ado, the 2012 long-list - note the top ten are not on this list and that this list is not in any order. Links on the title / artist go to the BlackPlastic.co.uk review (where one exists), Amazon links are to Amazon.co.uk and are affiliate links:
- Solo Piano II - Chilly Gonzales [Spotify / Amazon]
- Until The Quiet Comes - Flying Lotus [Amazon]
- They Shall Inherit - Menagerie [Spotify / Amazon]
- Confess - Twin Shadow [Spotify / Amazon]
- Beams - Matthew Dear [Spotify / Amazon]
- Give You The Ghost - POLIÇA [Spotify / Amazon]
- Heirlooms - Dave Aju [Spotify / Amazon]
- Nocturne - Wild Nothing [Spotify / Amazon]
- Bloom - Beach House [Spotify / Amazon]
- Kaleidoscope Dream - Miguel [Spotify / Amazon]
- Celebration Rock - Japandroids [Spotify / Amazon]
- Electric Cables - Lightships [Spotify / Amazon]
- Sweet Heart Sweet Light - Spiritualized [Spotify / Amazon]
- Coexist - The xx [Spotify / Amazon]
- Something - Chairlift [Spotify / Amazon]
- DRM - Merveille & Crosson [Amazon]
Come back tomorrow for the first half of the top ten: 10-6!